site moderator koeiekat
    Nov 26th, 2005 / quote /
    That's the Polonaise.
    site moderator koeiekat
    Nov 26th, 2005 / quote /
    As a freebee? Then take the ChopinScript
    site moderator koeiekat
    Nov 26th, 2005 / quote /
    Just as well. The ChopinScript is the probably the original. The bofinprintworks site - and he knows what he is talking about- says that Polonaise, ChaseCallas and Chiaroscuro are aliases of the ChopinScript.
    site moderator koeiekat
    Nov 26th, 2005 / quote /
    Did you try this? http://www.google.it/search?hl=it&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=%22parsons+italic%22+%2Bfontz&btnG=Cerca&meta=

You can also try without "+fontz". You get more sites where it can be downloaded.
    I once took it from the now very VERY dead funsite24 but Typograf is also complaining about that one. Since they all seem to be the same, no version available etc I guess it wont do you much good. I'm sure it is a defective clone of the Shelly Andante. Clones that are not defective are: English 111 Adagio, Andante, Sheer Beauty and Saffron.
    site moderator koeiekat
    Nov 27th, 2005 / quote /
    Right, the defect [or at least one] in the Parsons Itacic is that it does not show the capital T at 24 points. 22, 23, 25, 26, yes, 24 no.
    Shelley Andante is slightly similar? Have a look here, and tell me what is the difference. Parsons and Adobe's Shelly are indeed slightly lighter than Bitstream's Shelly and thus Bitstream's Shelly runs a bit wider but that's it. Adobe's Shelly and Parsons are identical: see the overlay [the slight differences are a result of the screendumps].
    Sheer Beauty runs even wider than Bitstream's version, is smaller and has considerably more lead, but for the rest the face is identical.
    site moderator koeiekat
    Nov 27th, 2005 / quote /
    :oops: Mea Culpa and shame on me!
    I presumed that Parsons Italic Light and Parsons Italic was the same type. Oops!
    But then, they should have named it oblique. Anyway, Igot some of the Parsons Itacil around and are these sick! No space before a return? Half the character blanked out. Have Typograf look at the charactermap: instant coma.
    Now, as the Parsons Italic is a swashy version of the Parsons Italic Light and the lowercase of the 'Light' matches the Shelly Andante perfectly the solution should be - and indeed is - simple: we need the swashy versions of the Shelly Andante, Sheer Beauty. Shelly Volante and Sheer Grace are the answer. All said about the differences towards the Parsons Italic Light is also valid here.
    Hope this makes you happy.
    site moderator koeiekat
    Dec 1st, 2005 / quote /
    bump

Register and/or login to access this feature.

Register

Name
    Email
    Password

Login

Email
    Password
      Forgot password?